Monday, October 17, 2005

fancy ladies...

FRIDAY


Big anticlimax on Friday morning, so I spent the day eating and watching movies.


Decided to learn how to screenprint. Expect home-spun gifts in the near future.

Put on my dream shirt and headed to the cat. Really shouldnt have gone out as I was not in a partytastic mood. Drank just a little. Wandered around the bar for a bit, not knowing enough people. Met a boy with cheekbones and charisma and a bevy of beautiful admirers. This other boy ignored me a lot has a bad habit of walking away, mid-sentence. Got the cold shoulder from this girl I dont know, but who quite clearly doesnt like me. A girl with a shaved head, pink bangs and a pierced face gave me hugs and told me i was beautiful. Just had a generally lame night so i went home to sleep.



SATURDAY

Woke up early. Washed my hair with that scentsational irish stout shampoo.



Bought seven lipsticks. I needed them all.


Went to see an apartment. It was rad and the girl was cool. I liked the block so I walked around a bit, successfully avoiding the leering gazes of Columbia heights homeboys. Nan called, so I paced up and down a tree-lined block for half an hour, listening and taking pictures of my legs.




Headed over to tryst to re-read one of my favorite Andy Warhol books. Sat on a cushy couch in the back. The waiter was really nice to me. No cute boys around, but I welcomed their absence.

Went home with the intention of drawing, but watched ruthless people instead. Danny Devito and Bette Midler are awesome.

Lined my top lids, put on a darker lipstick and a longer skirt. Headed out for the evening.

Got an unexpected call from Karen as I was walking up S st! Stopped by saint ex to say wazzaaa and giggle for a bit and bask in our collective fabulousness.



This is where the night gets blurry I had the best, most kickass time! Patrick hooked me up with a delicious drink. Giggled with rockabilly rich. Flirted with some strangers. Diana grabbed my ta-tas so much that she totally owes me dinner. Talked boxing with some boys who were in the peace corps. Three people told me Im dangerous. I winked. I like that ice dancing kid; hes pretty jazz hands-y. met/giggled with ian svenonius, with whom Im mildly enraptured. I liked his toilet necklace. Outside after closing and had a run-in with my favorite dj/superstars face. Headed home with my potential emotional undoing in the passenger seat.


Late night breakfast, early morning closure. Feelin fine.



SUNDAY


Woke up very late. Removed the last nights liner. Hot shower.


Went to see another house. It was also rad.

Explored those 14th street stores that I see all the time, but can never shop in because theyre always closed when I have free time.


Tryst. Andy Warhol. Chai.


Went home and drew some pictures of fancy ladies. I like them.


No comments: