Friday, November 11, 2005

london-centric nostalgia...

there have been a number of coincidences lately that have left me with a longing for london.

1. the girl who got the coveted spot on tom vek's guestlist in philly was actually my roomie at a hostel in london for two weeks. jenny had the bunk above me and was very fashionable.

2. i took a few pictures at the tom vek show and in one of them he totally looked like my pal alden - a lovely, long-haired, ultimate frisbee playing, whole bottle of wine drinking, american fellow that i met in london. a few days after taking said picture, i got an email out of the blue from alden. he's living in philly right now. we used to write each other 5 page emails everyday while we were at our respective jobs. then we'd have chicken korma and an hour and a half of the simpsons. then, most of the time, he could be easily persuaded to come out and danse with me at metro. that kid was the coolest.

3. got some creepy (and unsoliticited) flattery from a british coworker that while disgusting in itself, totally reminded me of the loveliness of some of the other british boys i've met.

4. got back in touch with simon after a long period of simonlessness, which was mostly my fault because i've been a total drag. but now he's back and sending me delicious french music and regaling me tales of international travel.

all of these random occurrences led me to flip through my europe photo album, after which i realized that i've only shown these pictures to 3.7 people. so here are a few choice ones that will always bring a smile to my face:

the view from my front stoop

a carousel in leicester square and a very happy man

bills posted on brick lane

english graffiti

french graffiti

No comments: