Thursday, December 08, 2005

here's what i'm thinking right now...


finally decided to listen to some of the bands/musicians that have pooled in my friend request box. two lovelies: laura burhenn and mark charles.

one thing i'm not particularly enjoying about my neighborhood - globules of spit dotting the semi-icy pavement; someone could slip.

it wasn't as cold outside tonight as it was earlier in the day. that makes me think that it might actually snow/storm tomorrow. in my experience, the air seems to feel slightly warmer before it snows. we'll see.

finally saw these united states tonight at dc9 - i loved their crowd. there were dancing girls in short pants with dishevelled hair that was not self-consciously styled, yet still artful. funny, little semi-country boys stomping in agreement to the rock. a very drunk man up front who danced for almost the entire set. it just felt really warm and was a welcome change. their songs were great too - even a very silly hard day's night cover. i fell in love with one song in particular, i don't remember most of the words except that it had something to do with "what do you want with my heart?" or "what are your intentions with my heart?" something along those lines. it was lovely. as was jesse's hat.

i really hope tom feels better soon because i miss giggling with him. went over to see him for a bit this evening, to bring him some get-better goodies, and even in sickness, he's a beauty. kudos to tom.

i can't wait to see ari on saturday.

i'm slightly obsessed with mark charles'
marianne song. i'm doing another one of those loop sessions like i did with soft complex a few months back.

my hair is filthy and has been hidden by my hat for at least a week. you'd think i'd just wash it.

got angry at myself earlier for being a girl and acting stupid over a boy. i'm enacting an early new year's resolution (even though i've never kept up with them in the past)... just let some things go... particularly boy-related things. such a waste of time.

tomorrow afternoon i'm gonna finish up some wrapping. it's surprisingly cathartic this year. for christmases passed, wrapping presents frequently felt like a hassle. perhaps because my mom would always get me to wrap everyone's presents - i had to put my foot down when she wanted me to wrap my own. but this year, i'm enjoying it! i can't wait for the stockings to be delivered. i'm giddy over giving.

i really liked how red my nose and cheeks were when i got home tonight. it seems cheery and healthy to me.

it's 1am. i should prolly go to sleep now...

No comments: