Tuesday, July 11, 2006

sightings...


okay...

so while i am generally fascinated by the phenomenon of celebrity, i like to pride myself in my ability to maintain some semblance of cool by not becoming utterly starstruck whenever i come into contact with people from that e(xc)lusive sect of society.


i was way off. i get just as starstruck as anybody, when it comes it to certain people.

i'm sure the few ladies that i told will remember how giddy i became at seeing Daniel Vosovic on Prince Street in Soho when I was first thinking of moving up to new york. i stood on the corner, practically within earshot and called all my girls to inform them that the stylish one they call daniel v was standing within earshot of me. classy, classy girl.

a few weekends ago, (the weekend that ben purchased his crumpler bag with a case of leffe and a bottle of chimay), i saw hitler-coiffed, carlos D walking swiftly and stylishly down Spring St in a crisp, pressed suit, flimsy white button-down, shiny black boots and inflated sense of entitlement.

two weeks ago, i saw michael musto riding a bike with a dainty basket down 6th ave on my lunchbreak.

and today...
i saw michael pitt in the starbucks on the end of my block. michael pitt of hedwig and the angry inch. michael pitt of the dreamers. he was never a screen-crush of mine, but i did find him immensely intriguing (and endearingly doughy). in real life, he looks way different. scruffy in a bright yellow vintage T (that was probably expensive, true vintage) and a blondish beard. he was sitting in the window reading a script. locked eyes as i crossed the street and it took me about 15 seconds of awkward eye contact to realize who he was - 'twere i not brown, i would have blushed. went into starbucks, purchased an iced chai and noticed that he kept his head buried in the script, occasionally stealing sidelong glances in my direction. paid for my drink, got a straw and went on my way.



this is a delicious chai.

awesome.

2 comments:

kv said...

that doughy bastard. I love it!

lauriebot said...

giddy city.